What is Jamila Format?
- A dance format created by Jamila Salimpour, the Mother of Tribal-style belly dance, including step and movement families (familiar names like Arabic, Egyptian, and maya), finger cymbal patterns, and history.
Who is it for?
- ANY belly dancer who wants to learn the roots of Tribal belly dance. Jamila format has influenced ATS®, Tribal Fusion, and even some forms of traditional styles. Many of the step names we know and use came from Jamila! (YES even traditional styles!)
- All levels! Don’t let the “Level 1” fool you, no matter what your level or style you will be challenged and EVERYONE starts at Level 1!
Who is Abigail Keyes?
- Kamrah’s belly dance inspiration! I’m so excited about bringing Abigail (whom you may also know as Asharah) to Chicago!
Time and dates?
October 4th-6th, 2019
All workshops will be held at Arabesque Studios in Chicago, IL. Please note all 15 hours of instruction are REQUIRED for testing (but testing is optional!).
Friday, October 4th: 9am-12pm and 1pm-5pm
Saturday, October 5th: 9:45am-11:45am and 1pm-3pm (Raks Terror is doors at 7/show at 8)
Sunday, October 6th: 10am-12pm and 1pm-3pm
Testing will occur after the workshops on Sunday, at 3:30pm.
There are two options for signing up, but please remember that certification is OPTIONAL and will be separately billed through the Salimpour School at the time of testing.
By clicking below you are agreeing to the payment terms:
- Payment is due in full before the workshop begins to secure your spot
- There are NO REFUNDS unless the workshop is canceled
- Workshop transfer is allowed, but you MUST contact Kamrah to switch your spot to another dancer. This does NOT apply to testing. If you are gifting workshops to another dancer, please email me to let me know
- Early Bird Pricing is good until September 6th, 2019. After that the price goes up to Full Price ($500.00) and split cost will no longer be available
- Payment is done through PayPal but you do not need a PayPal account to purchase
Early Bird Pricing – Split Cost: Two payments of $230.00 USD (Total of $460.00)
The second payment is due by September 6th, 2019. An email will go out in the weeks prior to this date with the option to pay. Payment received after this deadline will not be accepted, and the spot will be forfeited. Refunds WILL NOT BE GIVEN so please pay on time!